Friday, December 30, 2011

princess thoughts

I did a post a while back about my thoughts on princesses.  Came across this and had to share it. 



At my wedding, we did a receiving line, and one of the hubby's college friends brought his 3 year old daughter through because she had been waiting all day to see the princess.  I was flattered, but reminded of an article I read a while ago called "Choosing Priest Instead of Princess" by a woman named Laura Robinson.  The article points out how princesses are proud and passive, and how their only important attribute is being pretty.  I want to follow a paradigm that is better than being a princess.

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
1 Peter 2:9

No comments:

Post a Comment