Wednesday, February 3, 2010

murder mystery


The most fun I've had at a birthday party in a long, long time - hosting a murder mystery dinner. Agatha Christie's have been my favourite for a very long time. And when my little sister got a 'host your own murder' kit at a white elephant gift exchange, I thought it might be interesting to try out. So I did: I sent out official invitations, gave everyone their characters, organized an entire menu, made home-made pies and a 'wild boar' dish with apples (which was actually pork), organized full living and dining room decor with candles, props, and books, dressed up in an outrageous costume, and facilitated the different acts, with a map, an audio tape, 7 secret clues, and 8 personal dossiers with individualized instructions. I loved it!


And the best part... unwittingly to me until the final act, my character actually turned out to be the murderer. Mwahahahaha!


No comments:

Post a Comment